So I wanted to switch it up and give you a savory recipe this week. This is a recipe that I have adapted to make work for the gluten-free and dairy-free. It is another recipe that almost all my friends find delicious without ever knowing it is gluten-free and dairy-free. It’s an easy recipe to whip up and take with you to any party. The original recipe can be found at http://www.closetcooking.com/2012/01/bacon-double-cheese-burger-dip.html
BACON DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER DIP
1/2 lb. of ground beef (I choose not to eat red meat, so I have substituted for ground turkey or Morning Star Veggie Crumbles)
6 strips bacon, cut into 1 in. pieces (again, turkey bacon or veggie works just fine)
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 oz. Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, room temp
1/2 cup Tofutti Sour Supreme
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Go Veggie or Daiya mozzarella shreds
1/2 cup Go Veggie or Daiya cheddar shreds
1 tablespoon of your favorite g-free barbeque sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
- Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat, set it aside and drain the grease from the pan.
- Cook the bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside and drain all but a tablespoon of the grease.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix the ground beef, bacon, onions and garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, cheddar, barbeque sauce and ketchup and pour it into a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and then sides are bubbling, about 20-30 minutes.